Saturday, April 5, 2008

Isn't it funny?

It's so easy to do something when we don't have to. I can only give examples from my own life but I'm sure other people have experienced this, just not in the same ways I have. For instance, I enjoy writing stories and even essays for fun, but when I have to write a paper for school, I procrastinate and think about it with dread. When I have to write something, I'm hard pressed for ideas. But when I'm just writing in my free time, I have too many!!
No matter what the circumstance, I really never like the thought of cleaning my room. I do have some willpower though and I can make myself do it when I need to. When I don't have to do it, it can almost be fun sometimes. If I'm forced to do it, it's just another chore I despise.
Why is this? Maybe it's just me, but is my human nature so twisted and willful that I often dread tasks assigned to me that I would love if I was choosing to do them on my own? Is it rebelliousness or just lazy unwillingness? I don't know. What I do know is that I'm a flawed, sinful being and I need the help of an Almighty God.

1 comment:

Ben said...

whoa, I blinked ( or didn't check for a day or two) and u have all these new posts!

Yeah, so true! Classic Calvin and Hobbes theme.