Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm Not Graceful, But My Life is Grace-Full

"Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery. But today is God's gift - that's why it's called the present."
Every day is a precious gift. Every moment spent alive enjoying God's creation is one we don't deserve. Every second is evidence of God's abundant grace and mercy. Somehow, it's so easy to forget that, especially when the going gets tough. But these past few days have been especially full of little but tangible reminders of how very, very great God's love is for me, in spite of my attitude or behavior. It's difficult to put into words, I'm so amazed by it. It's so humbling that He still bothers to allow good things to happen in my life even while I'm in a bad mood or feeling angry or selfish or prideful or stressed. If I wasn't a Christian, I might start thinking that I must be something special, since the things I hope for keep happening. But because I am a Christian, I understand - even though I often forget - that I did and can do absolutely nothing to merit this grace, love and mercy. It seems so backwards, but the realization that I am incredibly in debt is a peace-bringing realization. And I needed peace this week.
I am so incredibly blessed beyond words. Not just these past couple of days, but every single day, hour, minute, second of my life. And all two of you (or is it just one now?) who read my blog have been a part of this recent shower of grace. So thank you.
That's all. :)

2 comments:

Ben said...

Great stuff dude. I like how you said that even the non-christian has so many blessings, much more than we deserve!

I don't remember the "God's gift" part in Kung Fu Panda, but it's more true. haha

Emily said...

That would be because that part wasn't in Kung Fu Panda...haha. It is, however, in my aunt's note on my grandma's refrigerator.