Monday, September 20, 2010

Be All There

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."
-Jim Elliot

Lately it's been hard for me to be content with where I'm at. This has a lot to do with Heather and Whitney leaving this past week. It's much easier to wish that things were different than it is to trust that God has me right where I'm supposed to be. It's my natural inclination to grumble and ask Him why, when really I should be thankful for the incredible blessings He has so graciously showered on me.
This quote is a good reminder to be 100% focused on the tasks at hand when they are at hand. If we're always looking ahead to the next thing, we'll miss the joy that's found in living in every moment God has given us. If we don't stop to appreciate the present, then the future will never be good enough either. We'll take for granted so many blessings that are right in front of our faces. We'll get so caught up in not wasting time, in always moving forward, that all we'll do is waste our time. That's not a good place to be living in.
I pray that God will continually help me to treasure every day and understand that it is another opportunity that I did not earn to live, laugh, and spend time with those I love.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Right on. I for one always have a tendency to focus on the future, instead of what's happening now. I must always be reminded of this.
Great quote btw.